Opalescence Whitening Gel Application Instructions
Important: Please read before using whitening gel.
1. Brush and floss teeth prior to whitening for maximum effectiveness.
2. Make sure trays are clean and dry prior to applying opalescence gel.
3. Apply a TINY (¼ of a pea) bead of gel from the syringe into each tooth in the tray from molar to molar – be sure to load gel only on facial (front) of the tray so that it will contact the front side of the tooth surface when tray is seated. Place the bead of gel mid tooth, or halfway down from top edge of the tray (see below). Do not over fill tray. Per use (upper and lower tray), about 1/4 or 1/3 of the syringe should be used.
4. Position tray over your teeth and gently press tray upwards to move the Opalescence gel into place (see below). If any gel seeps over the brim of the tray, wipe excess gel off gum tissue with a cotton swab, tissue or your finger, and use less gel the following treatment. AVOID contact with the gums.
5. Wear tray for 30 minutes, once a day. If tooth sensitivity occurs, discontinue use for 24 hours.
6. After whitening, remove the tray, rinse twice until teeth are free of gel and avoid swallowing. Brush away any remaining gel if necessary.
7. Clean trays with a toothbrush and cold water. You may also clean trays with hand or dish soap; DO NOT soak in alcohol or boil. Store trays in the case provided. Store Opalescence gel in a cool dry place away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not freeze.
The shelf life of Opalescence gel is 1 year unrefrigerated and 2 years refrigerated.
Brush and floss teeth prior to whitening for maximum effectiveness.
Keep product away from children. DO NOT use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
DO NOT use tobacco products or eat while wearing whitening trays. DO NOT leave trays in overnight.
For the duration of whitening treatment, stay away from tobacco products and foods/beverages that cause staining: reds, browns, yellows, e.g. coffee, tea, red wine, mustard, marinara sauce, etc. Acidic foods/beverages may cause sensitivity while whitening.
Porcelain crowns, veneers and white fillings do not lighten upon whitening. Some teeth whiten at different rates or less evenly than others; results vary.
Store whitening trays in a cool dry place away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not freeze.
Avoid swallowing whitening gel. Avoid direct contact of the whitening gel with the gums.
Avoid contact with the eyes.
While irritation (such as white spots, redness, swelling, soreness) of the gums or mouth may occur, the tissue will re-mineralize within 24 hours if left alone. Discontinue use for 24 hours if mild tooth sensitivity occurs. If you experience significant discomfort, discontinue use and please call us at (440) 543-5020
If you experience significant discomfort, discontinue use and please call us at: (440) 543-5020
Opalescence Go Whitening Application Instructions
‘U’ -Upper bleaching tray
‘L’- lower bleaching tray