Arestin Post-Operative Instructions
- Don’t touch. Avoid touching areas of your gums that your hygienist has treated.
- Wait to floss. Do not floss, use a toothpick or any other device that clean between your teeth for 10 days.
- Avoid eating hard, crunchy, or sticky foods fir 1 week after treatment.
- Always follow up. Because the bacteria that cause periodontal disease are persistent, the infection can return. Please be sure to make follow-up appointments with your dental hygienist to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- Keep your scheduled appointments. It is important to keep all of your dental appointments so that your dental hygienist can re-examine your gums, make sure the infection is under control, and measure the success of your treatment.